The Lincolnville Historic District encompasses 45 blocks in St. Augustine and is bounded by Cedar, Riviera, Cerra, Washington, and DeSoto Streets. This part of the City is bordered by two rivers, the San Sebastian River and the Matanzas River. There is a significant African American history in this  area of town. It was founded in 1866 by former slaves and because of the segregatronist practices between 1890 and 1910, it became the center for black owned business and commercial enterprises. During this time Washington Street and what is known now as M. L. King Avenue were the main business streets. David Nolan has written several articles and books on the history of the area and gives walking history tours. There are a lot of old Victorian homes that have been restored in this area of town and many historic markers.

Lincolnville