North Cityconsists of two distinct historic areas, the first immediately north of the City Gate to San Carlos Avenue, the post-1821 city limit. The second major area is located north of San Carlos Avenue. Significant development of this area occurred only after 1900. Prior to that period the area was mostly cleared and used for defense and agriculture purposes. Only three buildings in the area date from the 19th century with concentrated development at the beginning of WWI in the Nelmar Terrace and Fullerwood Parksubdivisions. (The Florida School for Deaf and Blind dates to the mid - 1880's.)
The information displayed on this website comes in part from the IDX Program of the Florida Association of Realtors provided through the Florida Living Network. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty are marked with the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo or the logo of the Florida Living IDX. Copyright 2018, FAR. All rights reserved. FAR and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty do not make any warranty or representation concerning the timeliness or accuracy of the information displayed herein. In consideration for the receipt of the information on this page, the recipient agrees to use the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in which the recipient has a good faith interest in acquiring.