The LincolnvilleHistoric District encompasses 45 blocks in St. Augustine and is bounded by Cedar, Riviera, Cerra, Washington, and DeSoto Streets. This part of the City is bordered by two rivers, the San Sebastian River and the Matanzas River. There is a significant African American history in this area of town. It was founded in 1866 by former slaves and because of the segregatronist practices between 1890 and 1910, it became the center for black owned business and commercial enterprises. During this time Washington Street and what is known now as M. L. King Avenue were the main business streets. David Nolan has written several articles and books on the history of the area and gives walking history tours. There are a lot of old Victorian homes that have been restored in this area of town and many historic markers.
The information displayed on this website comes in part from the IDX Program of the Florida Association of Realtors provided through the Florida Living Network. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty are marked with the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo or the logo of the Florida Living IDX. Copyright 2018, FAR. All rights reserved. FAR and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty do not make any warranty or representation concerning the timeliness or accuracy of the information displayed herein. In consideration for the receipt of the information on this page, the recipient agrees to use the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in which the recipient has a good faith interest in acquiring.